NHL Winners and Whiners is a blog dedicated to analyzing the winners and losers of the NHL. We’ll take a look at the teams that are winning and the teams that are losing to try and figure out what’s working and what’s not.
NHL Teams that have won the most Stanley Cups
The National Hockey League (NHL) is a professional Ice Hockey league in North America currently composed of 31 teams: 24 in the United States and 7 in Canada. The Stanley Cup the oldest professional sports trophy in North America is awarded to the league playoff champion at the end of each season.
The Montreal Canadiens are the most successful team in NHL history having won the Stanley Cup a record 24 times since they first entered the league in 1917. The Canadiens are closely followed by the Toronto Maple Leafs who have won the Stanley Cup 13 times since joining the NHL in 1917.
Of the 31 teams currently in the NHL, 16 have won the Stanley Cup at least once. These teams are:
--Boston Bruins (6)
--Chicago Blackhawks (6)
--Detroit Red Wings (11)
--Edmonton Oilers (5)
--Los Angeles Kings (2)
--Minnesota Wild (0)
--Montreal Canadiens (24)
-New Jersey Devils (3)
-New York Islanders (4)
-New York Rangers (4) Ottawa Senators (0) Philadelphia Flyers (2) Pittsburgh Penguins (5)* Tampa Bay Lightning (1) Toronto Maple Leafs (13)* Vancouver Canucks(0)* Washington Capitals(1)* Winnipeg Jets(0)*
NHL teams that have had the most success in recent years
--Los Angeles Kings
These teams have all had a lot of success in recent years and it doesn’t seem like that is going to change anytime soon.
NHL teams that have been the most successful in the playoffs
In recent years the NHL has seen a lot of parity. Many teams have had a chance to win the Stanley Cup and no team has won it more than twice in the last decade. However, there are a few teams that have been more successful than others in the playoffs. Below is a list of the NHL teams that have been the most successful in the playoffs since 2010.
1. Los Angeles Kings
The Kings have been one of the most successful teams in the playoffs since 2010, winning the Stanley Cup twice and making it to the Conference Finals three times. They have a strong core of players, led by captain Dustin Brown, and they are always a tough team to beat in the playoffs.
2. Chicago Blackhawks
The Blackhawks have also been very successful in recent years, winning three Stanley Cups since 2010. They have a deep and talented roster, led by captain Jonathan Toews, and they always seem to find a way to win in the playoffs.
3. Pittsburgh Penguins
The Penguins have won two Stanley Cups since 2010 and have made it to the conference finals three times. They are led by superstar Sidney Crosby and have a deep roster that is among the best in the NHL.
4. Boston Bruins
The Bruins have made it to two Stanley Cup Finals since 2010, winning one of them. They are a physical team that is tough to play against, and they have some of the best players in the NHL, including captain Zdeno Chara and goalie Tuukka Rask.
NHL teams that have been the most successful in the regular season
In the National Hockey League there are a lot of teams that have been successful in the regular season but it’s the teams that have been successful in the playoffs that have really brought home the Stanley Cup Here is a list of NHL teams that have been the most successful in the regular season
1. The Montreal Canadiens have won the Stanley Cup 24 times, which is more than any other team in NHL history They have also won the Presidents’ Trophy 10 times, which is given to the team with the best record in the NHL regular season
NHL teams that have had the most consistent success
NHL teams that have had the most consistent success over the past few years are the Chicago Blackhawks Los Angeles Kings, and Boston Bruins These teams have all won multiple Stanley Cups in recent years and continue to be among the best teams in the league year after year. If you’re looking for a team to root for that has a good chance of winning, these are some of the best options.
NHL teams that have had the most success in terms of developing talent
NHL teams that have had the most success in terms of developing talent:
NHL teams that have had the most success in terms of signing free agents
At the start of each NHL season all teams have the opportunity to sign free agents These are players that are not currently under contract with any team. While some free agents are unsigned for a reason, usually due to injury or age, many are good players who can provide a boost to a team’s roster.
– Chicago Blackhawks The Blackhawks have signed several high-profile free agents over the past few years, including Artemi Panarin and Connor Murphy. They have also been able to keep their core group of players together with long-term contracts.
– Anaheim Ducks The Ducks have been one of the most active teams in terms of signing Free Agents in recent years. They have added several Key Players to their roster, including Ryan Kesler and Corey Perry.
– Nashville Predators The Predators have made a number of shrewd signings in recent years, including Pekka Rinne and Filip Forsberg. They have also been able to retain many of their key players with long-term contracts.
NHL teams that have had the most success in terms of trades
In any given season, there are always a few teams that find themselves on the opposite ends of the spectrum when it comes to trading. There are the teams that make all the right moves and seem to always come out ahead, while other teams can’t seem to make a move without giving up too much or not getting enough in return.
So which NHL teams have had the most success in terms of trades over the last few years? Here’s a look at three of the best and three of the worst:
1. Pittsburgh Penguins The Penguins have been one of the most active teams in terms of trades over the last few years and they’ve had a ton of success. They’ve made some big moves, like acquiring Phil Kessel from the Toronto Maple Leafs but they’ve also made a lot of smaller deals that have worked out well for them.
2. Chicago Blackhawks The Blackhawks haven’t been quite as active as the Penguins in recent years, but they’ve still made some great trades. They managed to land Artemi Panarin from Columbus for Brandon Saad in 2015 and they got a nice return for Teuvo Teravainen when they dealt him to Carolina in 2016.
3. Tampa Bay Lightning The Lightning have pulled off some impressive trades over the last few years, including landing Ryan McDonagh and J.T. Miller from the New York Rangers in 2018. They also did well in their deal with Ottawa that saw them get Brayden Point and Erik Cernak in exchange for Vladislav Namestnikov.
NHL teams that have had the most success in terms of draft picks
In the National Hockey League there are a few teams that have had a great deal of success when it comes to drafting players. These teams have been able to consistently find players who can make an impact on the ice and help their team win games. Here is a look at some of the NHL teams that have had the most success in terms of draft picks
The Detroit Red Wings are one of the most successful teams in the NHL when it comes to draft picks The Red Wings have had a number of first-round picks who have gone on to have successful NHL careers. Some of the Red Wings’ most successful Draft Picks include Steve Yzerman, Sergei Fedorov, Nicklas Lidstrom, and Pavel Datsyuk.
The Chicago Blackhawks are another team that has had a lot of success with Draft Picks The Blackhawks have drafted many players who have gone on to have successful NHL careers, including Patrick Kane Jonathan Toews, Duncan Keith, and Brent Seabrook.
The Pittsburgh Penguins are another team that has had a lot of success with draft picks. The Penguins have drafted many players who have gone on to have successful NHL careers, including Sidney Crosby Evgeni Malkin, Marc-Andre Fleury, and Kris Letang.
NHL teams that have had the most success in terms of overall management
since the 1980s
In the 1980s, the NHL saw a lot of teams have success in terms of overall management. The New York Islanders won four Stanley Cups in a row, while the Edmonton Oilers won five Cups in seven years. The Islanders were able to keep their core group of players together for a long time, while the Oilers were able to make some shrewd trades and draft well.
The Pittsburgh Penguins and Detroit Red Wings also had a lot of success in the 1990s. The Penguins won two Stanley Cups in a row, while the Red Wings won three Cups in six years. Both teams were able to draft well and make some key trades, which helped them have sustained success.
The Boston Bruins have been one of the most successful teams in recent years, winning a Stanley Cup in 2011 and making it to the Finals again in 2013. The Bruins have been able to draft well and make some key signings, which has helped them be one of the top teams in the NHL.