NHL Standings 2017: Who’s on Top?
NHL Standings as of December 18th show the Tampa Bay Lightning on top of the league with 46 points, followed by the Montreal Canadiens with 44 points. The Washington Capitals and Chicago Blackhawks are tied for third place with 43 points each, while the Pittsburgh Penguins round out the top five with 42 points.
The Top 5 NHL Teams of 2017
The NHL Standings for 2017 have been released, and the top five teams are as follows:
The Washington Capitals are in first place with 120 points. The Pittsburgh Penguins are in second place with 111 points. The Chicago Blackhawks are in third place with 106 points. The Columbus Blue Jackets are in fourth place with 104 points. The Montreal Canadiens are in fifth place with 103 points.
The Most dominant NHL teams of 2017
NHL standings for 2017 show the Tampa Bay Lightning Nashville Predators and Chicago Blackhawks as the most dominant teams. These teams have been consistently near the top of the standings throughout the season and look poised to make a deep run in the playoffs. The Lightning have been led by forwards Steven Stamkos and Nikita Kucherov, who are both having career years. The Predators have been carried by goaltender Pekka Rinne, who has been one of the best goalies in the league this year. The Blackhawks have been led by forwards Patrick Kane and Jonathan Toews, who are both having great seasons.
The NHL’s Best Offenses of 2017
In the National Hockey League there are a multitude of teams with amazing offenses. These teams have the ability to score a lot of goals, and they do it on a consistent basis. But which teams have the best offenses in the NHL? Here are four of the best:
1. Pittsburgh Penguins
The Pittsburgh Penguins have been one of the best offensive teams in the NHL for years, and they continue to be one of the best in 2017. They have a plethora of offensive weapons, led by stars like Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin. They also have a number of other extremely talented forwards, such as Phil Kessel and Patric Hornqvist. The Penguins know how to score goals and they do it in bunches.
2. Chicago Blackhawks
The Chicago Blackhawks are another team with a long history of being one of the NHL’s best offensive teams. They are led by superstar Patrick Kane who is one of the league’s most prolific scorers. They also have other great forwards such as Jonathan Toews and Marian Hossa. The Blackhawks always seem to find a way to score goals and they’re once again near the top of the league in 2017.
3. Washington Capitals
The Washington Capitals are another team that is loaded with offensive firepower. They are led by superstar Alexander Ovechkin, who is one of the greatest goal-scorers in NHL history They also have other talented forwards such as Nicklas Backstrom and T.J Oshie. The Capitals score a lot of goals, and they’re once again near the top of the league in 2017.
4. Montreal Canadiens
The Montreal Canadiens are another team that is known for their offense. They are led by forwards Max Pacioretty and Brendan Gallagher, who both scored over 30 goals last season. The Canadiens also have other skilled forwards such as Alex Galchenyuk and Andrew Shaw. The Canadiens know how to put the puck in the net, and they’re once again near the top of the league in 2017.
The NHL’s Best Defenses of 2017
The 2017 National Hockey League season is currently in Full Swing and there are a few teams that are really starting to separate themselves from the pack. Among them are the teams with the best defenses in the league. Here is a look at the top five, based on goals against per game.
These teams are not only giving up fewer goals per game than any others in the league, but they’re also doing it against some of the toughest competition. The Blackhawks, for example, have faced the fifth-most shots per game in the league, while the Wild have faced the third-most.
If these teams can keep up their current pace, they should have no trouble making it deep into the playoffs, where defense is often even more important than during the regular season
The NHL’s Most Exciting Teams of 2017
The 2017 NHL season has been rife with surprises and excitement. Some teams that were expected to do well have faltered, while others have exceed all expectations. Here is a look at some of the most exciting teams in the NHL this year.
The Tampa Bay Lightning have been one of the most dominant teams in the NHL this season. Led by standout players like Nikita Kucherov and Steven Stamkos, the Lightning have been nearly unstoppable. They currently sit atop the Eastern Conference standings and are poised to make a deep run in the playoffs.
The Nashville Predators have also been one of the NHL’s best teams this year. Led by star defenseman Roman Josi, the Predators have been one of the Top Defensive Teams in the league. They also have a potent offense, led by forwards Filip Forsberg and Viktor Arvidsson. The Predators are currently second in the Central Division and are looking like a strong contender for the Stanley Cup
The Edmonton Oilers have also had a very successful 2017 season. After years of being one of the NHL’s worst teams the Oilers finally seem to be turning things around. Led by young superstar Connor McDavid, the Oilers are currently third in the Pacific Division and appear to be headed for a playoff berth.
The NHL’s Most Disappointing Teams of 2017
The NHL’s regular season is now over, and the playoff field is set. As we gear up for what should be an exciting postseason, let’s take a look back at the Regular Season and pinpoint which teams were the most disappointing.
Tampa Bay Lightning
The Tampa Bay Lightning were widely expected to be one of the best teams in the NHL this season. They had just come off a deep playoff run in which they nearly reached the Stanley Cup Finals, and they had added some key pieces in Free agency most notably veteran forward Chris Kunitz.
However, the Lightning failed to live up to expectations, as they finished with just 94 points, good for only third place in the Atlantic Division They struggled mightily on offense, scoring just 2.7 goals per game (27th in the NHL). Injuries also played a role in Tampa Bay’s disappointing season, as key forwards Tyler Johnson and Ondrej Palat missed significant time.
After missing the playoffs last season, the Boston Bruins were looking to get back on track in 2017-18. They made some big additions over the summer, acquiring veteran forwards David Backes and Riley Nash in free agency while also adding young defenseman Charlie McAvoy through the draft.
The Bruins got off to a great start this season and held first place in the Atlantic Division for much of it. However, they collapsed down the stretch and ended up finishing fourth in their division with 95 points (one behind Tampa Bay). Their struggles §were largely due to their lack of offensive production; Boston scored just 2.6 goals per game (29th in NHL).
The NHL’s Biggest Surprises of 2017
It’s been an unpredictable year in the NHL, with plenty of surprises.
The biggest surprise team has to be the expansion Vegas Golden Knights who have been one of the best teams in the league all season. They’re currently in first place in the Pacific Division and are aserious contender for the Stanley Cup
Another huge surprise has been the play of the Los Angeles Kings. After missing the playoffs last year, they’ve rebounded in a big way and are currently second in the Pacific Division They’re led by Anze Kopitar, who is having an MVP-caliber season.
The Tampa Bay Lightning have also been a pleasant surprise this season. After missing the playoffs last year, they’ve bounced back and are currently first in the Atlantic division They’re led by superstar Steven Stamkos, who is having another great year.
The Chicago Blackhawks have also been a bit of a surprise this season. After winning the Stanley Cup last year, they got off to a slow start this year but have since turned things around and are currently third in the Central Division They’re led by Patrick Kane who is once again among the league’s leading scorers.
The NHL’s Biggest Flops of 2017
The NHL’s 2017 season has been full of surprises. Several teams that were expected to compete for the Stanley Cup have failed to live up to expectations, while others have vastly exceeded them. Here is a look at the five biggest flops of the 2017 NHL season
1. The Anaheim Ducks were one of the most dominant teams in the league over the past few seasons, but they have been one of the biggest flops in 2017. They currently sit in last place in the Pacific Division with a 16-18-9 record.
2. The Carolina Hurricanes were expected to be one of the worst teams in the league this season, but they have surprised everyone by currently sitting in second place in the Metropolitan Division with a 23-13-8 record.
3. The Edmonton Oilers were expected to compete for the Stanley Cup this season after making it to the Conference Finals last year, but they have been one of the biggest flops in 2017, currently sitting in last place in the Pacific Division with a 14-21-7 record.
4. The Montreal Canadiens were expected to be one of the best teams in the league this season, but they have disappointed with a 19-19-6 record and currently sit in sixth place in the Atlantic Division.
5. The New York Islanders were expected to be near the bottom of the league this season, but they have surprised everyone by currently sitting in first place in the Metropolitan Division with a 26-11-4 record.
The NHL’s Most Improved Teams of 2017
2017 has been an eventful year for the NHL. We’ve seen a lot of teams make big strides forward, and a few teams take a Step Back Here’s a look at the most improved teams of the 2017 season:
1. The Nashville Predators have been one of the biggest surprises of the 2017 season. After missing the playoffs last year, they’ve stormed back to claim the top spot in the Central Division They’ve been led by breakout performances from Filip Forsberg and Pekka Rinne, and they look like a team that could make a deep run in the playoffs.
2. The Tampa Bay Lightning have also been one of the NHL’s most improved teams this season. They currently sit second in the Atlantic Division, and they look like one of the favorites to come out of the Eastern Conference They’re led by reigning MVP Steven Stamkos, and they have one of the deepest rosters in the league.
3. The Anaheim Ducks have quietly put together one of the best seasons in franchise history. They currently sit atop the Pacific Division, and they look like a team that could make a run at the Stanley Cup They’re led by Ryan Getzlaf and Corey Perry, two forwards who are having career years.
4. The Columbus Blue Jackets have also been one of this year’s biggest surprise teams. They currently sit second in the Metropolitan Division, and they look like a team that could make some noise in the playoffs. They’re led by Sergei Bobrovsky, who is having another Vezina-caliber season in net.