India Vs Belgium: Can India Take Home the Win?

India takes on Belgium in their second pool match of the 2018 Men’s Hockey World Cup Can India take home the win?

Checkout this video:

Introduction

In the 2018 FIFA World Cup India will be up against Belgium in theGroup Stage. This will be the fifth time that the two teams will beplaying each other in the FIFA World Cup India has never managedto win against Belgium in any of the previous meetings. In fact,India has only managed to score a total of two goals against Belgiumin all the four previous meetings put together. The last time thatthese two teams met was in the 2012 London Olympics, where Belgiumdefeated India 2-1.

This year, however, things might be different. India has beenperforming well in recent months, and is currently ranked 97th in theFIFA World Rankings On the other hand, Belgium is ranked 3rd inthe world. However, this does not mean that India does not stand achance against Belgium. In fact, India has defeated some toughopponents in the past, including teams like Qatar (ranked 55th),Colombia (ranked 16th) and China (ranked 75th).

So, can India take home the win against Belgium? Only time will tell.But one thing is for sure – it is going to be an exciting match!

India’s Chances

India has many factors working in their favor as they face off against Belgium in the upcoming match. India is currently ranked higher than Belgium, they have experienced players on their team, and they have a strong home-field advantage. However, Belgium is a tough opponent and India will need to play their best if they want to win.

In the end, it will be a close match but we think India has a good chance of coming out on top.

Belgium’s Chances

Belgium has been a power-house in the world of hockey for many years. They have produced some of the world’s best players and have been a force to be reckoned with at international competitions. However, in recent years India has been making a name for itself in the Hockey World With its large population and growing interest in the sport, India is a team to watch out for.

So, can India take home the win against Belgium?

Belgium’s Chances
Although Belgium is still a strong team, there are a few factors that could work against them. First, they are not as dominant as they used to be. In fact, they failed to qualify for the 2018 World Cup Additionally, while they have some experienced players on their roster, they also have several young players who lack international experience. This could be a problem against a team like India that is on the rise.

Ultimately, it will be an exciting match between two very different teams. Belgium will be looking to prove that they are still one of the best Hockey teams in the world. India, on the other hand, will be playing for the win and to show that they are a force to be reckoned with on the international stage.

The Key Players

India and Belgium are set to face off in the 2018 FIFA World Cup Here, we take a look at the Key Players on both sides who could make a difference in the game.

For India, striker Sunil Chhetri will be crucial. He is the captain of the team and is its All-time leading goalscorer. He will need to be on top form if India are to have any chance of beating Belgium.

Midfielder Gurpreet Singh Sandhu is another important player for India. He is the nation’s first-choice goalkeeper and has GKS tutoring experience from his time with Stirling Albion in Scotland. He will need to be at his best to keep Belgium’s attacking players at bay.

Defender Pritam Kotal is also a key player for India. He has experience playing in Italy’s Serie A and will be tasked with stopping Belgium’s attacks.

For Belgium, striker Romelu Lukaku is the key player. He is one of the most prolific goalscorers in the world and will be a handful for India’s defenders.

Midfielder Kevin De Bruyne is another important player for Belgium. He is a creative force in midfield and can create chances for Lukaku and other Belgian attackers.

Defender Vincent Kompany is also a key player for Belgium. He is the captain of the team and his experience will be crucial in marshalling the Belgian defence against India’s attacks.

The Game Plan

India is known for its skilled Hockey Players but can they take home the win against Belgium? According to The game plan a blog devoted to sports analytics the answer is yes.

The game plan uses a combination of data and analysis to predict the outcome of games, and they have India as the favorites to win this match-up. India has a 70% chance of winning, while Belgium has a 30% chance.

One of the reasons India is favored is because of their strong defense. They have only allowed 1.36 goals per game while Belgium has allowed 2.21 goals per game. India also has a better save percentage meaning that their goalie is more likely to Top Shots that come his way.

Offensively, India is not as strong as Belgium, but they are still capable of putting up enough goals to win the game. The Game Plan projects that India will score 2.48 goals, while Belgium will score 2.14 goals.

So what does this all mean? It means that if India can play strong defense and put up a few goals on offense, they have a good chance of winning the game.

The Wildcard Factor

As the world waits with baited breath for the FIFA World Cup 2018 to begin, all eyes are on the participating teams. Who will take home the coveted trophy? While there are many contenders, one team that has been generating a lot of interest is India. India is not known for its football prowess, but this year, they have been included as a wildcard entry into the tournament. Can they make an impact and emerge victorious?

Only time will tell, but one thing is for sure – India will be giving it their all. The team has been preparing diligently under the guidance of Head Coach Stephen Constantine. They have also been boosted by the recent success of the Indian Super League, which has helped to raise the profile of football in the country. With a strong team spirit and support from fans back home, anything is possible.

So, keep your eyes on India – they may just be the dark horse of this year’s World Cup!

The Final Verdict

On June 5th, 2018, the world will be watching as India and Belgium face off in what is sure to be an epic match. These two teams have been evenly matched throughout the tournament, and it is anyone’s game. So, who will take home the win?

India has beenpdf on a roll lately, winning their last three matches. They are a strong team with a solid defense. Belgium, on the other hand, has only won two of their last three matches. However, they are known for their strong attacking play.

The final verdict is that India has a slight edge over Belgium. However, anything can happen in this match, and it is sure to be a close game

India’s Road to the World Cup

India is gearing up to take on Belgium in the much-anticipated World Cup 2018. With a population of over 1.3 billion, India is the second most populous country in the world. And, when it comes to cricket, India is a powerhouse. The team has won the Cricket World Cup two times, in 1983 and 2011. Can they make it three times?

India’s road to the World Cup has been nothing short of miraculous. The team has battled injuries, controversies, and match-fixing scandals. But they’ve come out stronger each time and are ready to take on Belgium.

The team is led by captain Virat Kohli, who is one of the best batsmen in the world. He will be supported by bowlers Jasprit Bumrah and Mohammed Shami. All eyes will be on these three players as they take on Belgium in what is sure to be an exciting match.

Belgium’s Road to the World Cup

In 2018, Belgium reached the semifinals of the World Cup for the first time in its history. The team, which is ranked No. 3 in the world, is composed of many world-class players, including Eden Hazard, Kevin De Bruyne, and Romelu Lukaku.

In the group stage, Belgium won all three of its games, convincingly defeating Panama (3-0), Tunisia (5-2), and England (1-0). In the round of 16, Belgium faced Japan and won 3-2 in a thrilling comeback. In the quarterfinals, Belgium defeated Brazil 2-1 in another nail-biting match.

Finally, in the semifinals, Belgium lost to eventual champion France by a score of 1-0. While it was a disappointing end to the tournament for Belgium, the team’s run was an incredible accomplishment.

Now, Belgium will have a chance to win its first ever World Cup when it takes on India in the final on Sunday. Can Belgium finally take home the trophy? We’ll have to wait and see.

Conclusion

It is safe to say that India did not fare well against Belgium in their past two encounters. India will need to step up their game if they want to take home the win this time around.

Scroll to Top