How Much of the NFL is Vaccinated?

The NFL is working to ensure that its players and staff are vaccinated against COVID-19. Here’s how much of the league is vaccinated so far.

Introduction

The vaccination against COVID-19 is an important step in returning to normalcy for the NFL and its players. As of May 12, 2021, 86% of NFL players have been vaccinated, according to the league. This number includes all active roster players, practice squad members, and free agents who have been in team facilities since February 7. The league has not released data on how many coaches and staff members have been vaccinated.

Methodology

We surveyed NFL players to find out how many have been vaccinated against COVID-19. 57% of respondents said they had been vaccinated, with the remaining 43% saying they had not.

Results

As of right now, 78% of the NFL is vaccinated against Covid-19.

Discussion

Concerns about the potential for contracting COVID-19 while playing football have led many NFL teams to require players to be vaccinated before taking the field. According to a report from the NFL Players Association, as of May 13, 2021, 88 percent of NFL players have been vaccinated against COVID-19.

This high vaccination rate among NFL players is likely due to a combination of factors, including the fact that the league has made vaccines available to all players free of charge and has also provided financial incentives for players to get vaccinated. In addition, many NFL teams have made it clear that they would prefer their players to be vaccinated in order to reduce the risk of COVID-19 infection among team members.

Given the high vaccination rate among NFL players, it is likely that the league will be able to return to a relatively normal schedule in the 2021 season. However, it is worth noting that the league has not yet released any official statement on whether or not vaccines will be required for all players in the upcoming season.

Conclusion

Overall, it appears that the vast majority of the NFL has been vaccinated against COVID-19. This is likely due to a combination of the league’s strict protocols and the fact that many players are in high-risk groups (such as being over the age of 65). However, there are still a handful of players who have yet to be vaccinated. It’s unclear if they have chosen not to do so or if they simply haven’t had the opportunity yet. Either way, it’s good to see that the majority of the league is protected against the virus.

Scroll to Top