The Top Five NHL hockey teams in Canada are:
1. Toronto Maple Leafs
2. Montreal Canadiens
3. Calgary Flames
4. Ottawa Senators
5. Edmonton Oilers
The top five NHL Hockey teams in Canada
The top five NHL hockey teams in Canada are the Montreal Canadiens the Toronto Maple Leafs the Calgary Flames the Ottawa Senators, and the Vancouver Canucks These teams are all highly competitive and have a long history of success in the National Hockey League
Why these teams are the top five
There are many great NHL Teams in Canada, but these five stand out among the rest. Each team has a rich history and passionate fans that make them a force to be reckoned with on the ice.
The Montreal Canadiens are the most successful team in NHL history with 24 Stanley Cup championships. They have a strong roster of players, led by captain Shea Weber, and are always a contender for the title.
The Toronto Maple Leafs are another Original Six team with a long history of success. They haven’t won a Stanley Cup in over 50 years, but their fans remain some of the most loyal in the league. The Maple Leafs have a young core of talented players and are poised to make a run at the cup in the near future.
The Calgary Flames are a relatively young franchise, but they have already made their mark on the league. Led by star players like Johnny Gaudreau and Sean Monahan, the Flames are an exciting team to watch and always seem to be in contention for a playoff spot.
The Edmonton Oilers are another team with a long history of success, having won five Stanley Cups in their history. They have fallen on hard times in recent years but they still have some of the best players in the league on their roster, including Connor McDavid and Leon Draisaitl.
The Vancouver Canucks round out this list of top five NHL teams in Canada. They haven’t won a Stanley Cup in their history, but they consistently field competitive teams and have one of the best home atmospheres in the league.
What makes each team unique
Canada is home to seven NHL franchises, and each team has its own unique flavor. Here are the top five NHL teams in Canada, based on a variety of factors including history, current roster, and fan support.
1. Montreal Canadiens
The Montreal Canadiens are the most successful team in NHL history with 24 Stanley Cup championships. The Canadiens have a long and storied rivalry with the Toronto Maple Leafs and the “Original Six” rivalry between these two teams is one of the most iconic in all of sports. The Canadiens also have one of the largest and most passionate fan bases in the NHL.
2. Toronto Maple Leafs
The Toronto Maple Leafs are one of the “Original Six” teams, and they have a rich history dating back to 1917. The Maple Leafs have won 13 Stanley Cups which is second only to the Montreal Canadiens. The Maple Leafs are also one of the most valuable franchises in the NHL, worth an estimated $1.4 billion US dollars. The Maple Leafs have a large and passionate fan base, and they are always a contenders for the Stanley Cup
3. Calgary Flames
The Calgary Flames are a relatively young franchise, having been founded in 1972. However, they have already made their mark on the NHL, winning the Stanley Cup in 1989. The Flames have a strong core of young players including captain Mark Giordano, who is one of the best defensemen in the league. The Flames also have a large and passionate fan base that fills their arena every night.
4. Edmonton Oilers
The Edmonton Oilers are another “Original Six” team with a long and storied history dating back to 1972. The Oilers have won five Stanley Cups including four consecutive championships from 1984 to 1987. The Oilers are currently led by star player Connor McDavid, who is widely considered to be one of the best players in the world. The Oilers have a large and passionate fan base that fills their arena every night.
The history of each team
The Montreal Canadiens are the oldest professional Hockey Team in the world, having been founded in 1909. They are also one of the most successful, with 24 Stanley Cup wins. The Toronto Maple Leafs are second in terms of age, having been founded in 1917, and are also one of the most successful teams in the NHL, with 13 Stanley Cup wins. The Winnipeg Jets are a relatively new team, having been founded in 1999, but have already made their mark on the league, reaching the Stanley Cup Finals in 2018. The Edmonton Oilers are another relatively new team, having been founded in 1972, but they too have had great success, winning the Stanley Cup five times. The Calgary Flames are the final team on this list, having been founded in 1972. They have won the Stanley Cup once, in 1989.
The rivalry between the teams
The rivalry between the top five NHL Hockey teams in Canada is intense. These teams compete against each other for the Stanley Cup which is the ultimate prize in hockey. The fans of these teams are passionate about their team and the rivalry between the teams is intense.
The players on each team
1. Montreal Canadiens: The Montreal Canadiens are a professional Ice Hockey team based in Montreal, Quebec. They are members of the Atlantic Division of the Eastern Conference of the National Hockey League (NHL). The club’s official name is le Club de hockey Canadien. The team is frequently referred to in English and French as the Habs. French nicknames for the team include Les Canadiens (or Le Bleu-Blanc-Rouge), Le Tricolore, La Sainte-Flanelle, Le Grand Club and Les Glorieux (or Nos Glorieux).
2. Toronto Maple Leafs The Toronto Maple Leafs are a professional ice Hockey Team based in Toronto, Ontario. They are members of the Atlantic Division of the Eastern Conference of the National Hockey League (NHL). The club is owned by Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment, Ltd. and are represented by Doug Gilmour as General Manager
3. Ottawa Senators: The Ottawa Senators are a professional Ice hockey team based in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. They are members of the Atlantic division of the Eastern Conference of the National Hockey League (NHL). Senators home games are played at Canadian Tire Centre, which opened in 1996.
4. Winnipeg Jets The Winnipeg Jets are a professional ice hockey team based in Winnipeg, Manitoba. They are members of the Central Division of the Western Conference of the National Hockey League (NHL). The team is owned by True North Sports & Entertainment and plays its home games at MTS Centre.
5. Edmonton Oilers The Edmonton Oilers are a professional Ice Hockey team based in Edmonton, Alberta. They are members of the Pacific Division of the Western Conference of the National Hockey League (NHL).
The fans of each team
In order to fans of each team, we asked them a few questions about their team. We asked them how often they watch their team play, how long they have been a fan of their team, and how likely they are to continue cheering for their team in the future. We also asked them to rate their team’s recent performances.
The stadiums of each team
In order of their construction, the top five stadiums of the NHL Hockey teams in Canada are as follows:
1. Bell Centre- Home to the Montreal Canadiens, this stadium was built in 1996 and has a capacity of 21,288 spectators.
2. ScotiaBank Place- The home arena of the Ottawa Senators, this stadium was constructed in 1996 and can seat up to 19,153 people.
3. Air Canada Centre- Located in Toronto, this is the home rink of the Maple Leafs. It was built in 1999 and has a capacity for 18,819 spectators.
4. Pengrowth Saddledome- This arena is located in Calgary and is home to the Flames. It was constructed in 1983 and has a capacity for 19,289 spectators.
5. Rexall Place- The Edmonton Oilers call this arena home. It was built in 1974 and has a capacity for 17,499 people.
The cities of each team
There are currently seven Canadian teams in the National Hockey League (NHL). They are the Edmonton Oilers, Calgary Flames, Vancouver Canucks, Winnipeg Jets, Ottawa Senators, Montreal Canadiens and the Toronto Maple Leafs
The Oilers are based in Edmonton, Alberta. The team was founded in 1971, and joined the NHL in 1979 as one of the four expansion teams that began that year. They have won five Stanley Cups (1984, 1985, 1987, 1988 and 1990), making them the second most successful Canadian team in NHL history behind only the Canadiens.
The Flames are based in Calgary, Alberta. The team was founded in 1972 and joined the NHL in 1980 as part of that year’s wave of Expansion Teams They have won one Stanley Cup championship, which came in 1989.
The Canucks are based in Vancouver, British Columbia. The team was founded in 1970, and joined the NHL a year later as part of that season’s wave of expansion teams. They have never won a Stanley Cup championship but they did make it to the Stanley Cup Finals on three occasions (1982, 1994 and 2011).
The Jets are based in Winnipeg, Manitoba. The team was originally founded in 1972 as the Atlanta Flames but relocated to Canada in 1980 and became the Winnipeg Jets. The franchise then moved again to become the Arizona Coyotes prior to the start of the 1996-97 season but returned to Winnipeg when it was resurrected as part of a league-wide realignment prior to the start of the 2015-16 season. They have never won a Stanley Cup championship but they did make it to the Avco World Trophy Finals (the forerunner to today’s Stanley Cup Finals) on three occasions (1985, 1987 and 1990).
The Senators are based in Ottawa, Ontario. The team was founded in 1992 as an expansion team and has yet to win a Stanley Cup championship. They made it to the Stanley Cup Finals once before losing toOriginal Six rival Montreal Canadiens during their inaugural season (1992-93).
The Canadiens are based in Montreal, Quebec – making them Quebec’s only representative in today’s NHL. The team is not only Canada’s most successful Hockey team – they are also one of hockey’s Original Six franchises along with Toronto Maple Leafs Detroit Red Wings Boston Bruins and Chicago Blackhawks who all pre-date today’s NHL by several decades. The Canadiens have won a record 24 Stanley Cups – more than any other team in either professional or major amateur hockey leagues worldwide – and theylast did so backTo back years ago during their 2013-14 and 2014-15 seasons respectively..
Lastly – but certainly not least – there are also
the Maple Leafs who represent Toronto,, Ontario – which is not only Canada’