We took a look at some of the best and worst college hockey logos and came up with a few thoughts of our own.
The best college hockey logos
A logo is a graphic mark or emblem commonly used by commercial enterprises, organizations and even individuals to aid and promote instant public recognition. A logo is not just a graphical representation but an identity of a company or organization. It should be designed in such a way that it would be able to target its audience, give the desired message and stand the test of time.
There are many college hockey logos out there, but some are better than others. Here are some of the best college hockey logos, in no particular order:
-The University of North Dakota’s Fighting Hawks logo is one of the best in college hockey The new logo was unveiled in 2015 after the school decided to retire its previous “Fighting Sioux” nickname and logo. The new logo is modern and sleek, and it perfectly represents the school’s fighting spirit.
-The University of Michigan’s Wolverines logo is another great college Hockey Logo The simple but powerful design perfectly represents the strength and ferocity of the Michigan Wolverines
-The University of Minnesota’s Golden Gophers logo is another top college hockey logo. The unique gopher design is eye-catching and memorable, and it perfectly embodies the school’s mascot.
-The Boston College Eagles logo is another college hockey logo. The eagle design is simple but elegant, and it perfectly represents the power and majesty of the Boston College Eagles.
There are many other great college hockey logos out there, but these are just a few of the best. So if you’re looking for a new favorite college Hockey Team to root for, be sure to check out these great logos!
The worst college hockey logos
In no particular order, here are the worst college hockey logos:
-The University of North Dakota’s old logo was basically just a Big Green ‘N’. Yawn.
-Providence College’s logo is just a boring old friar.
-Boston University’s logo is just a big ‘B’. Again, yawn.
-Yale University’s logo is a migraine-inducing mess of shapes and colors.
The most unique college hockey logos
There are a lot of college hockey logos out there, and some are definitely more unique than others. Here’s a look at some of the most unique College hockey logos, along with a few that are just plain bad.
-Miami (Ohio): The RedHawks’ logo is simple but effective, with a Red Hawk in profile set against a white background. The hawk’s fierce expression makes it clear that this is a team to be reckoned with.
-Providence: The Friars’ logo is also fairly simple, but it’s very stylish, with a sleek black and white design and a subtle hint of gray. The friar in the middle is also very cool-looking.
-Rutgers: The Scarlet Knights’ logo is just plain ugly, with an awkwardly-shaped knight in armor that looks more like something out of a bad ’80s cartoon than a college Hockey Team
-UConn: The Huskies’ logo is another one that’s just plain awful, with an incredibly cheesy husky face that looks more like something you’d find on a child’s lunchbox than on a College Hockey team’s jersey.
The most classic College Hockey logos
There are some college hockey logos that are truly timeless and iconic. These are the logos that have withstood the test of time, and remain instantly recognizable to even the most casual of fans. On the other hand, there are some college hockey logos that are, shall we say, less than timeless. These are the logos that look dated, or were perhaps ahead of their time when they were first introduced but haven’t aged well. Here’s a look at some of the best and worst college hockey logos out there.
The most modern college hockey logos
1. The University of Denver Pioneers logo is a wordmark with an interlocking “D” and “U.” The wordmark is modern and simple, making it easy to read and recognize.
2. The Ohio State University Buckeyes logo is a wordmark with an interlocking “O” and “S.” The wordmark is modern and simple, making it easy to read and recognize.
3. The University of Michigan Wolverines logo is a wordmark with an interlocking “M” and “W.” The wordmark is modern and simple, making it easy to read and recognize.
4. The Minnesota State University Mavericks logo is a wordmark with an interlocking “M” and “S.” The wordmark is modern and simple, making it easy to read and recognize.
5. The University of North Dakota Fighting Hawks logo is a wordmark with an interlocking “N” and “D.” The wordmark is modern and simple, making it easy to read and recognize.
The most traditional college hockey logos
There are many traditional college hockey logos, but some are better than others. Here is a list of the best and worst college hockey logos.
The best logos are those that are simple and elegant. The worst logos are those that are busy and complicated.
The best college hockey logos are:
The worst college hockey logos are:
The most controversial college hockey logos
There are many college Hockey teams with great logos, but there are also some that are very controversial. Here is a list of the most controversial college hockey logos.
1. Yale University – The Yale bulldog is one of the most recognizable college hockey logos, but it is also one of the most controversial. Some people love it, while others think it is too cartoonish.
2. University of Michigan – The Michigan Wolverines logo is one of the most iconic in all of sports. However, it is also one of the most controversial college hockey logos. Some people think it looks too much like a cartoon, while others think it is perfect.
3. Boston College – The Boston College Eagle is one of the most popular college hockey logos, but it is also one of the most controversial. Some people think it looks too much like a cartoon, while others think it looks regal and proud.
4. University of North Dakota – The North Dakota Fighting Sioux logo is one of the most popular and well-known college hockey logos. However, it is also one of the most controversial. Some people think it looks too aggressive, while others think it looks fierce and proud.
The most underrated college hockey logos
There are some great college hockey logos out there. Some are simple, some are complex, and some are just plain fun. But which ones are the most underrated? Here are a few of our favorites:
-The University of Maine Black Bears have a simple, but classic logo that is reminiscent of other great college sports logos.
-The Clarkson University Golden Knights have a modern logo that is both stylish and fierce.
-The Mercyhurst University Lakers have a beautiful and regal logo that perfectly represents their school’s colors and traditions.
The most overrated college hockey logos
In today’s college hockey landscape, there are a few things that remain true: traditional powers still dominate, the country’s best players still come from Minnesota, and the most overrated logos in the sport can be found on the jerseys of some of the most popular teams. Below are five of the most overrated logos in college hockey.
1. University of North Dakota – The Fighting Sioux
There is no denying that the University of North Dakota has one of the richest traditions in college hockey, dating back to when they won eight National Championships as an independent program. However, their current logo is a complete mess. The font is dated and the use of two colors (red and black) is jarring. The Sioux tribe has also been embroiled in a legal battle with the university over the use of their name and logo, which has only added to the controversy.
2. Boston College – The Eagles
Another school with a rich tradition in college hockey, Boston College has won five national championships in recent years However, their current logo is not befitting of a program of their stature. The word “Boston” is written in a font that looks like it was made in Microsoft Word, and the eagle looks more like a turkey than anything else.
3. University of Michigan – The Wolverines
The University of Michigan is one of the most recognizable schools in all of sports, but their current hockey logo is generic at best. The block “M” is one of the most overused logos in all of sports, and it doesn’t work well with the word “Michigan” written below it. Additionally, the use of blue and yellow as the primary colors is uninspired and unimaginative.
4. Notre Dame Fighting Irish – The Leprechaun
One would think that a school with as long and storied a history as Notre Dame would have a logo that represents it well. Unfortunately, that isn’t the case with their current Hockey logo The Leprechaun mascot is one that is more associated with basketball than hockey, and it looks out-of-place on a hockey jersey Additionally, Notre Dame’s primary colors are blue and gold, so why are their jerseys green? It doesn’t make any sense.
5. St Cloud State University – The Huskies
St Cloud State may not have the same level of tradition as some of the other schools on this list, but they are one of the most popular teams in college hockey right now. However, their current logo leaves much to be desired. First off, why does a school located in Minnesota have an Alaska Native-inspired logo? It makes no sense whatsoever. Secondly, the font used for “St Cloud State” looks like it was made in Microsoft Paint by someone who doesn’t know how to use fonts very well
The most underrated and overrated college hockey logos
In the world of college hockey, there are a few logos that stand out above the rest. These are the most underrated and overrated logos in college hockey.
The most underrated logo belongs to the University of Maine The simple black bear logo is iconic and unique, and it looks great on the team’s jerseys. The most overrated logo belongs to the University of North Dakota The Fighting Sioux logo is busy and confusing, and it’s often imitated but never matched.