The Big 12 is one of the most competitive conferences in college basketball Here are 12 stats you need to know about the teams in the conference.
Big 12 Basketball Stats
2. field goal percentage: This stat measures what percentage of shots taken by a team result in a basket. The Big 12 average is 46.3%, which ranks 8th out of 32 conferences.
3. Three-point percentage: This stat measures what percentage of shots taken from beyond the three-point line result in a basket. The Big 12 average is 35%, which ranks 10th out of 32 conferences.
5. rebounds per game This stat measures how many rebounds (both offensive and defensive) a team grabs on average over the course of a game. The Big 12 average is 37 rebounds per game which ranks 3rd out of 32 conferences.
6. assists per game This stat measures how many assists (passes that lead to baskets) a team has on average over the course of a game. The Big 12 average is 14 assists per game which ranks 5th out of 32 conferences.
7 steals per game: This stat measures how many thefts (opposing players’ turnovers) a team has on average over the course of a game. The Big 12 average is 6 steals per game, which ranks 9th out of 32 conferences..
8 blocks per game: This stat measures how many times a team swat away an opponent’s shot attempt on average over the course of ягame.. The Big 12 average is 4 blocks pergame, which ranks 4th тut оf 32 conferences..
Big 12 Basketball Standings
1. Baylor – 23-1 (12-0)
2. Kansas – 20-4 (9-3)
3. Iowa State – 19-5 (8-4)
4. Oklahoma – 16-8 (6-6)
5. Texas Tech – 16-8 (5-7)
6. West Virginia – 15-9 (5-7)
7. TCU – 14-9 (3-9)
8. Oklahoma State – 14-10 (3-9)
9. Texas – 13-11 (4ruth of the matter is that it’s simply a personal preference as to whether you want more of the acidity to come through in your cup or not, and as such, there’s no right or wrong answer.
Big 12 Basketball Leaders
The Big 12 Conference is widely considered one of the best basketball conferences in the country. Here are some stats you need to know about the conference heading into the NCAA Tournament
* Seven Big 12 teams are ranked in the AP Top 25 poll: Kansas (1), Baylor (3), Oklahoma (6), West Virginia (9), Texas Tech (12), Iowa State (18), and TCU (25).
* The Big 12 has the second-highest RPI of any conference in the country, behind only the ACC.
* Kansas is the only team in the conference with a perfect record in conference play
* Baylor freshman Macio Teague leads the conference in scoring, averaging 16.6 points per game
* TCU freshman RJ Nembhard is second in the conference in assists, averaging 4.5 per game.
* Kansas State’s Xavier Sneed is second in the conference in steals, averaging 2 per game.
Big 12 Basketball Schedule
The Big 12 Conference will once again be one of the most competitive leagues in all of college basketball this season. Here is a look at the Conference Schedule and some key stats you need to know about each team.
--Kansas Jayhawks 25-5 (14-4 Big 12)
The Jayhawks come into the season as the favorite to win the conference once again. They are led by junior guard Devonte’ Graham, who averaged 13.4 points per game last season. Kansas also has one of the best defenses in the country, allowing just 64.3 Points per game
--West Virginia Mountaineers 24-10 (11-7 Big 12)
The Mountaineers are coming off a season in which they reached the Elite Eight of the NCAA tournament They will be looking to make another deep run this year behind senior guard Jevon Carter, who averaged 12.6 points and 6.6 assists per game last season. West Virginia’s defense was also excellent last year, holding opponents to just 66.7 points per game
--Texas Tech Red Raiders: 22-11 (10-8 Big 12)
The Red Raiders are another team that is known for its defense. They allowed just 63 points per game last season, which was good for second in the conference behind Kansas. Texas Tech will be looking to build on that success this year behind junior guard Keenan Evans, who averaged 17 points per game last season.
– TCU Horned Frogs 21-11 (9-9 Big 12)
The Horned Frogs had a solid season last year and return most of their core from that team. They will be led by junior guard Jaylen Fisher, who averaged 13 points per game last season while shooting 50 percent from three-point range TCU will need to find a way to replace the production of leading scorer Kenrich Williams, who is no longer with the team
Big 12 Basketball Tournament
The Big 12 Basketball Tournament is an annual postseason tournament for Big 12 Conference men’s College Basketball The tournament began in 1997, and is currently the second-largest conference tournament in terms of attendance.
The winner of the tournament receives the conference’s automatic bid to the NCAA Division I Men’s Basketball Tournament Since its inception, the tournament has been held at various locations throughout the conference’s footprint, including Kansas City Missouri; Oklahoma City and Dallas. The 2017 tournament will be held at Sprint Center in Kansas City
Big 12 Basketball Scores
Each week, we’ll update this article with the latest scores and stats from around the Big 12.
Big 12 Basketball News
The Big 12 is one of the most competitive conferences in College Basketball Here are some stats and facts that you need to know about the conference:
-10 of the last 11 NCAA men’s basketball champions have come from the Big 12 (Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas, and Kentucky).
-The Big 12 has sent at least four teams to the NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament for 23 consecutive seasons.
-Kansas has won at least a share of the last 13 Big 12 regular season championships.
-Texas is the only other school in the conference with more than one Big 12 regular season championship (2).
-The Big 12 has had four different schools win the conference tournament championship in the last four years (Kansas, Iowa State Baylor, and West Virginia).
Big 12 Basketball Rumors
There have been some big changes in the Big 12 this offseason, with several schools changing coaches and some Key Players transferring. Here are some of the biggest rumors floating around the conference:
-Kansas is the favorite to win the conference again, but there are some who think Baylor could give them a run for their money.
-Texas is expected to be much improved this season, and they could be a dark horse contender for the conference title
--West Virginia is also expected to be better than they were last season, and they could be a team to watch out for in the conference race.
Big 12 Basketball Recruiting
The Big 12 is one of the most competitive conferences in college basketball Here are some recruiting stats you need to know.
In the 2018 class, the Big 12 had 4 of the top 25 players in the nation, according to 247Sports. The conference also had 9 of the top 100 players.
The Big 12 has sent 92 players to the NBA draft since 2006, which is the most of any conference.
In 2017, the Big 12 had 7 players selected in the first round of the NBA Draft which was tied for the most of any conference.
Big 12 Basketball History
The Big 12 Conference is one of the most competitive and popular basketball conferences in the country. In existence since 1996, the conference has produced some of the best teams and players in college basketball history. Here are 12 big stats you need to know about Big 12 basketball:
-The Big 12 has produced 5 National Champions (Kansas, Texas, Oklahoma, Kentucky, and North Carolina)
-61 All-Americans have come from the Big 12
– The conference has had 7 Players of the Year ( Kevin Durant Blake Griffin Mario Chalmers Michael Beasley T.J. Ford, Eddie Sutton, and Wayman Tisdale)
-In 2009-2010, 6 Big 12 teams made it to the NCAA Tournament
-The conference has had 2 Rookies of the Year ( Durant and Beasley)
-3 coaches from the Big 12 have been inducted into the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame ( Dean Smith Roy Williams and Eddie Sutton)